Forget to make a dish for a get-together tonight? Need a quick snack for a group of kiddos? These chocolate chip cookies are the best answer! As an added bonus, they will be finished in 25 mins or less (prep time included)!
This chocolate chip cookie recipe is traditional and very tasty. It will leave you excited to bake and ready to share them with friends and family time and time again!
When I need a quick dessert, I want something familiar that everyone can enjoy. Aside from friends who don’t enjoy chocolate, this cookie recipe will satisfy your crowd.
Note that this recipe makes about 50 4″ or 100 2″ cookies. For smaller gatherings of around 25 people halve the ingredients.
2 1/4 cup flour
1/4 cup sugar
1/4 cup brown sugar
2 sticks of butter
|1 tsp baking soda
12oz pkg chocolate chips
1 cup shredded coconut
1 cup chopped nuts
Although this is a chocolate chip cookie recipe, you can leave them out and still have a wonderful traditional treat. These cookies, baked without chocolate, are not extremely sweet. They are simple and remind me a bit of a shortbread cookie. I truly enjoy both versions!
Spatula for mixing
Regular spoon or ice cream scoop
1. Preheat oven to 375F.
2. Mix butter, sugars, and vanilla in mixing bowl.
3. Add eggs to mixing bowl and beat until creamy.
4. In a separate mixing bowl, mix baking soda and flour together
5. Combine the two mixtures.
6. Drop spoonfuls of the mixture onto a greased baking sheet.
7. Bake in the oven for 12 minutes.
8. Remove from oven and allow to cool before eating.