This recipe makes it easy to bake one of the most popular French pastries!
French Macarons aren’t new, but they are always in style. Many people find it very hard to bake these lovely pastries and it can be cumbersome, but the recipe below makes it pretty easy.
The first time I tried baking them, I didn’t have all of my ingredients closeby and that hindered the process–timing is everything with these beauties! I can’t stress that enough… timing is key!
1 c powdered sugar
3/4 c almond meal flour
2 egg whites
4 tbsp granulated sugar
|Honey Buttercream Filling
2 egg yolks
1/4 c granulated sugar
3 1/2 tbsp milk
7 tbsp room temperature butter
3 tbsp honey
|Baking sheet, parchment paper, oven, mixing bowl, mixer, spatula, saucepan|
1. Sift powdered sugar and almond meal flour into mixing bowl. Stir to mix.
2. Place egg whites in a separate bowl and beat them using the mixer. *Beat in one direction.
3. Slowly add the 4 tbsp of granulated sugar. Continue beating the mixture until it becomes glossy and when you pull the mixer up, your peaks should be stiff.
4. Slowly fold in your powdered sugar and almond meal–do not over mix. Gently scrape from the sides of the bowl and stir/fold in a circular motion.
5. Add food coloring and mix in gently.
6. Pour batter into Ziploc bag and cut the tip of the bag to create a small hole/makeshift piping bag.
7. Line cookie sheet with parchment paper.
8. Pipe batter onto the sheet in quarter-sized circles.
9. Lightly bang cookie sheet on the countertop to release any air bubbles. Let sit for 15-20 mins.
10. Place oven racks on very top and bottom levels.
11. Preheat oven to 325 F then lower oven temperature to 300 F
12. Place in oven for 8 mins.
13. Take out and turn baking sheets. Bake another 8 mins.
14. Let cool for 10 mins.
1. Take 2 egg yolks, place them in saucepan and whisk.
2. Add 1/4 c granulated sugar to saucepan and mix.
3. Add 3 1/2 tbsp of milk.
4. Place on stove on low and whisk slowly until it has a custard-like consistency.
5. Let cool.
6. Mix 7 tbsp of room temperature butter in a bowl. Add 1/2 of the butter to the egg mixture and stir. Add second 1/2 and stir.
7. Add 3 tbsp of honey. Whisk all.
8. Place mixture in a new Ziploc bag and pipe onto one shell, cover with another shell.