Over the years, I’ve caught on to a few tried and true travel beauty tips. After trying the tips and tricks offered by everyone from my grandma to the editors of countless beauty magazines, I have my faves. Below I share five of my healthy skin and beauty items I cling to when traveling, aside from my bottle of H2O.
What are your travel beauty tips? Any favorite routines you have before hopping on the plane or jumping in the car for 8 hours?
1. Josie Maran 100% Pure Argan Oil. I have oily skin and I still enjoy this product. Your skin gets extremely dry while traveling–via car or plane. I recommend applying a very small amount (1-2 drops) of Maran’s oil prior to traveling and again after rinsing your face once you arrive at your destination. Bonus: this oil is great for your hands, elbows, knees, etc.
2. Lancome Vitamin Infused Mascara Primer. As it says in the name, this is a mascara primer, so you’ll need to apply your daily mascara once it has dried. I swear by this product in general, as my lashes grow faster and are stronger when I use it, but it’s also amazing for travel. Using this primer helps lock moisture into your lashes and it keeps your mascara in place!
3. Batiste Dry Shampoo Travel Size. Dry Shampoo is a must in my opinion. I like to use it for “second-day” hair, so I have it on hand, but this travel size is a must for trips! Tropical is my favorite, and I am sensitive to different scents. Batiste does a great job with this product and it’s cost effective!
4. Bare Minerals Illuminating Mineral Veil Finishing Powder. If you’re looking a bit tired or need to combat slightly dark circles under your eyes, this illuminating powder is excellent for adding a little shine and brightening up your pretty peepers. I like these powders after travels because it won’t cake on the makeup I’ve already applied (otherwise I would just use a cover stick).
5. Vaseline Advanced Healing Lip Therapy. One of my cheap beauty secrets is Vaseline! Applying Vaseline is part of my nightly beauty ritual to keep my lips moisturized. These tubes make it easy to carry–so you’re not lugging around a random tub of Vaseline.
My beauty routine is pretty simple most days, so I don’t mind splurging on things that I will definitely use. If you don’t travel a lot, you can use these products in your everyday beauty routine as well–they won’t go to waste!
What are your hair and skincare travel tips?